You can find what to sell links on the Amazon webpage. There are huge number of products open to sale for both Individual and Professional account holders except for some marked by asterisk for which Individual account holders need to take prior approval. These are, however, open for Professional account holders.
Once you make up your mind to sell on Amazon, just do not jump in with both feet. Browse through the category lists by clicking the sell on Amazon link on the homepage and see what general category products are feasible for you. Following is the gist of what products you should avoid selling.
- Illegal products − Amazon displays a list of banned products for each category, mostly illegal and unsafe products or products that promote violence in any form like firearms, toy guns, crossbows and other weapons.
- Hacking devices like radio jammers and cell phone unlocking devices.
- Fraudulent or deceptive products − Amazon does not allow products that infringe on others’ trademark like fake-branded clothing, shoes, bags, or watches.
- Prescription drugs, for they may be fatal if consumed without advice.
- Alcohol, though sale of wine from Amazon certified merchants is allowed.
The product you are listing should be authentic and genuine. If you claim to be selling a certain product, then the product you ship to the customer should be the same, nothing similar or near about.
Now that you are well-versed with what to avoid selling, you should reach to selling of more and diverse products. It would be beneficial if you opt for a professional merchant account. Once you have an account, you can always go to the Amazon Help Center for any query or help.
Selling Used Products
Another important question that often pops up is whether you should sell new or used products? Amazon is an ideal platform if you want to get rid of some unwanted stuff at home and make some money out of it.
Many categories listed on Amazon allow selling of used products like used books, DVDs, electronics and sports kit. You just need to ensure that you list the product condition correctly and give maximum possible details, failing which you will receive a negative feedback from customers who will rightfully demand a refund.